Join Linde, the world’s leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas–related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world – leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment – in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the team in the Buffalo, New York area.
▪ Understand and adhere to company safe work policies.
▪ Follow Lone Worker Requirements.
▪ Promote a safe work environment.
▪ Report safety incidents and near misses.
▪ Report any unsafe conditions, environmental concerns and process problems to management immediately.
▪ Contribute to the improvement of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality programs.
▪ Apply the HWP process, LOTO and energy isolation procedures as required for company and contractor personnel.
▪ Follow EMOC procedure for all changes to process and operating procedures.
▪ Maintain site security.
▪ Maintain site orderliness.
▪ Perform safety indoctrinations for contractors.
▪ Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to execute, document and continuously improve equipment preventative and corrective maintenance strategy.
▪ Support Area Manager, Utilize Web Audit Manager and Synergy to execute, document all corrective actions issued to the site from Audits and Incidents review (when applicable).
▪ Collect and interpret trends in equipment condition monitoring data.
▪ Maintain plant spares inventory and raise gaps to management attention.
▪ Follow work instructions and annotate with feedback.
▪ Calibration, configuration, or replacement of field instrumentation devices.
▪ Perform and document process and product analyzers calibration checks.
▪ Tests, inspects, troubleshoots and repairs machines and equipment.
▪ Set up and safely operate all tools and equipment necessary to perform assigned work.
▪ Effectively prioritize and schedule all work activities.
Process Operation and Efficiency
▪ Assist Shutdowns, Start-ups, Derime and production slate changes for plant(s) in area.
Administrative and Managerial
▪ Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to Lindes customers. Meet FDA requirements where applicable.
▪ Maintain a Shutdown and Turnaround work list and schedule, efficiently use of downtime.
▪ Maintain open continuous line of communication with manager.
▪ Complete required SHEQ site and equipment inspection forms.
▪ Maintain orderly and clean work area and vehicle(s).
▪ Direct and monitor contractors.
▪ Lead and participate in operations and safety meetings.
▪ Participate in safety committee activities as required drill planning, energy isolation reviews, etc
▪ Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals.
▪ Check business email daily.
▪ Lead Plant tours.
▪ Accept On call duty and overtime as required.
▪ Effectively prioritize and schedule all work activities.
▪ Support sites outside of the home Area as required.
▪ Support plant and equipment commissioning activities.
▪ Mark-up engineering drawings to document changes or disparities.
▪ Identify cost effective solutions, follow company purchasing procedure and spending limitations.
▪ High School Degree or vocational, trade school or equivalent.
▪ Minimum 1 Year experience
▪ Experience in a related process plant operations and reliability activity is preferable.
▪ Physically able to perform all duties required which may involve among other things; bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing ladders, and lifting and carrying loads of up to 50 lbs.
▪ Ability to climb to heights 200 ft above grade and work effectively.
▪ Reside within a reasonable distance of plants.
▪ Valid drivers license with good record.
▪ Math basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion.
▪ Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company.
▪ Strong interpersonal abilities to support team philosophy and strategy.
▪ Strong organizational ability.
▪ Able to work alone.
▪ High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanics hand tools.
▪ Knowledge of applicable chemical manufacturing process and hazards within area or site.
▪ Familiar with all process equipment and function.
▪ Understanding of electrical hazards and safety, and ability to troubleshoot electrical systems, with support from central engineering.
▪ Basic understanding of pneumatically actuated valves and control systems.
▪ Comprehensive knowledge and ability to troubleshoot pneumatic control systems consisting of I/Ps, solenoid valves, quick exhausts, actuators, regulators and proportional/integral controllers both stand alone and cascaded.
▪ Comprehensive knowledge and ability to troubleshoot industrial refrigeration skids.
▪ Comprehensive knowledge and ability to troubleshoot machinery vibration monitoring systems .
▪ Understanding of all trip and interlock logic protecting people and equipment.
▪ Ability to interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs, PFDs.
▪ Ability to interpret electrical drawings including Single line diagrams.
▪ Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation.
▪ Able to complete all preventative maintenance jobs according to best practice.
▪ Capable of operating a forklift, and/or overhead crane, and/or man lift according to company policy (LOCATION DEPENDENT).
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!