Join Linde, the world’s leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas–related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world – leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment – in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Senior Analyst, Operational Finance, Analytics - Cylinders to join the team in Murray Hill, New Jersey.
Role responsible for these functions for assigned RNA business line(s) (Business lines are Bulk or Tonnage or Cylinders):
▪ Analyze operational performance of business line ensuring integrity, timeliness and usefulness of analysis.
a. Review 3rd workday sales flash and 5th work day prelim results (Fab4) and high level comparison to plan.
b. Prepare volume trends and comparisons, understanding movements between periods.
c. Understand linkages between internal management reporting and LiFT/GSR group reporting. Ensure alignment on reporting.
d. Prepare and understand cost/volume/price analysis and connection to GSR volume/price analysis used in productivity.
e. Prepare or review assigned key performance metrics such as cost per mile, cost of cylinders filled, etc.
f. Review SG&A, Fixed Costs & Other Earnings overviews and commentary, highlighting trends for cost center owners.
g. Prepare and understand cost/volume/price analysis and connection to GSR volume/price analysis used in productivity.
h. Review product line profitability packs for efficiency in preparation and continual improvement, focusing on clear understanding of business segments needs and requirements.
i. Lead monthly meetings with business partners as requested to review results of operations, product cost, cost metrics, product line profitability, with follow up on open items and requests.
▪ Develop commentary on business line and executive level presentation of data, drawing conclusion and providing outlook.
a. Review assigned KPI slides for business line ahead of publishing. Review results against plan and prior with key indicators, providing insightful, cohesive commentary gathered from various sources. Provide a sharp overview of the business line. Reporting is used as basis for annual plan and forecasts as well as decision making.
b. Prepare sections of High Level Report (HLR) commentary for head of Group Controlling (Michael Ulrich), providing crisp explanations by business area and country for variances against plan and prior, overview of business line performance. Incorporate GSR volume/price analysis.
c. Support preparation of monthly highlights summary for RBU head (Pat Murphy) and RNA board member (Tom Blades) on current events and financial results by 13th of month.
▪ Support preparation of annual strategy, periodic forecasts and annual budgets for business line through to management presentation.
a. Work within schedules set by Manager or Senior Manager of Operational Finance and garner commitment from business lines and operational finance team that result in meeting or exceeding all deadlines.
b. Understand and communicate content requirement and tools used to business line managers and operational finance team, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
c. Develop view of sales volumes, price/cost recovery, GAP savings and other key assumptions and events and impact on strategy, plan and forecasts.
d. Support preparation of presentation for ELT, CFO and RBU Head review, professional presentation including key assumptions, action items and events, bridges from actual to plans.
e. Develop financial and statistical inputs of business line plans at TM1 and LiFT/GSR level before final submission of data; communicate significant events, transactions or changes in reporting ahead of submission.
f. Create phasing of budgets to ensure credible plan vs actual comparisons available during the year.
g. Ensure monthly budget details loaded in SAP/BW to allow for comparison to plan and prior throughout the year.
h. Assist in preparation of RNA formal budget and strategy presentation, assuming responsibility for areas assigned and overall validation of facts.
▪ Provide systems expertise and training to department and business partners increasing understanding of the content, source and flow of information.
a. Develop working knowledge of flow of information into/out of SAP, BW, TM1 and other support systems.
b. Provide training for FICO and business areas on the use and understanding of LiFT/GSR and link to internal management reporting.
c. Deliver training as needed to department and business partners on planning tools, BW, etc.
d. Participate in testing & certification of changes made with Linde Template release 2.
e. Participate in implementation of budget tools and other technical aids to complete the budget process (TM1 software, ownership of reporting stream).
▪ Prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested for business line.
a. Prepare and validate reports as requested ensuring fit with existing data provided, Linde guidelines. Develop and train appropriate individual when ad hoc becomes routine reporting.
b. Champion change within the team and business partners as need arises.
c. Support Manager and Senior Manager, Operational Finance in establishing proper accounting structure and reporting for new business segments (as example – LNG, Hydrochlor, Hydrogen Fueling, etc.)
▪ Manage smaller product line reporting or provide backup support for one or more positions in the department to support vacations, travel or disruptions in staffing.
a. Stay current with work processes, file locations, customer relationships, etc. for one or more product lines/business segments within the operational finance group so as to provide support as needed and maintain best in class level of service.
▪ Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting required
▪ MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
▪ 6 + years financial experience with focus on delivering financial result, forecasts, plans and strategy with clear analysis and concise commentary in presentation quality.
▪ Strong business acumen, experience bringing insightful commentary to numbers, recognition of trends
▪ In depth knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP/BW-BI)
and business information systems.
▪ In depth knowledge of Excel, Access, PowerPoint (ThinkCell).
Working knowledge of COGNOS TM1 Planning and Reporting software desirable
▪ Excellent analytical skills, conceptual thinking - breaking complex issues into components, capturing all relevant information, utilizing specialists for support, draw conclusions.
▪ Strong communication skills - ability to develop and share focused information to be used in good business decision making.
▪ Strong organizational and work planning skills
▪ Critical thinking and problem solving - follow to resolution, identifying resource & other requirements
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!