Join Linde, the worlds leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gasrelated technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Utility Person to join the team in the Dayton, New Jersey area.
▪ Follows All Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
▪ Work in accordance with all DOT and Linde standards and policies including but not limited to Speed Management, Seat Belts, Cones and Hours of Service
▪ Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid vessels for delivery to customers on a scheduled route. Customers may include medical patients in their homes, physicians offices, laboratories, veterinarians, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
▪ Loads cylinders or containers on vehicles using hand truck or fork lift, and records quantity and type of cylinder.
▪ Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, such as dents, cracks, and burns and moves cylinders to designated work area.
▪ Approximately 40% of this position is driving around the yard and 60% is in the warehouse
▪ Serves as a Back-up Driver for a patient home route with a box truck and delivers to customers on set routes
▪ Receive all goods according to standard written procedures; recording all incoming shipments, checking shipments against purchase orders and verifying contents of shipments against packing slips.
▪ Inspects valves for correct CGA connection and pressure relief device. Connects cylinders to manifold and opens valves to draw off residual gas and then evacuate cylinders.
▪ Inspects cylinder labels to assure they are correct for the service intended, legible and legal with current federal requirements replacing inappropriate labels detected.
▪ Fills cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines whether by pressure or weight, as appropriate. Weighs cylinders filled with liquid products on platform scale and records weight.
▪ Tests cylinders for leak by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Records all necessary documentation and sets a cylinder aside for settled pressure checks.
▪ Operates and safely maintains equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
▪ Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
▪ Ensures cylinders are adequately maintained cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
▪ Regularly inspects and maintains pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
▪ Ensures cylinder-filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
▪ Safely operates a forklift and hand truck
▪ Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
▪ Perform mathematical calculations as necessary.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned
▪ High School Diploma or GED
▪ Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
▪ 3 years driving experience - Class A CDL or Class B with current HazMat endorsement
▪ 3 years clean driving record
▪ Minimum 1 year experience in a warehouse or factory setting
▪ Forklift Training/Experience preferred
▪ Push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to 100 pounds.
▪ Must place safety before all things
▪ Must have the ability to perform basic math functions
▪ Ability to read and comprehend MSDS, FDA, DOT, OHSA and other company documents
▪ Must possess excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills, and computer knowledge
▪ Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, energetic, and enjoy working as part of a team
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!