Join Linde, the worlds leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gasrelated technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join the team in the Marlborough, Massachusetts area.
Safety and Regulatory
▪ Manage site compliance to management systems; Serve as Safety, Health, Environmental and Emergency Co-ordinator, QC Designee, Document Manager, and Corrective and Preventative Action administrator.
▪ Ensure all changes to equipment or procedures follow EMOC procedure.
▪ Ensure the HWP process, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and energy isolation procedures are adhered to by all employees and contractors.
▪ Manage storage of all hazardous materials at site(s) in accordance with government regulation.
▪ Host internal and external audits: utilize Web Audit Manager and Synergy to execute, document all corrective actions issued to the site from Audits and Incidents review (when applicable).
▪ Maintain site security and orderliness.
▪ Planning and executing of major and minor plant maintenance activities including management and oversight of contractors.
▪ Ensure all equipment condition monitoring parameters are reviewed and in within limits.
▪ Ensure spare parts are available and inventories are accurate.
▪ Oversee all planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
▪ Maintain current the Site Contingency Plan information.
▪ Maintain a Shutdown and Turnaround work list and schedule.
▪ Manage the efficient use of downtime.
Process Operation and Efficiency
▪ Inventory management of bulk liquid storage and backup units at the site(s).
▪ Ensure work instructions are adhered to.
▪ Act as process expert and know when to escalate problems to Regional or Central levels.
▪ Ensure compliance with corporate standards and best operating practices.
▪ Work effectively with organization support groups to improve reliability and costs.
Administrative and Managerial (Staff)
▪ Manage staff training and growth through computerized training program and performance management process.
▪ Manage change, encourage capability, motivate staff, development and foster teamwork within the plant.
▪ Ensure all employees, contractors and visitors are appropriately trained.
▪ Timely and accurate entry of information required to invoice the customer.
▪ Accept On-call duty and overtime as required.
Administrative and Managerial (Customer)
▪ Follow all Quality Control requirements to ensure a quality product is delivered to Linde’s customers. Meet FDA requirements
▪ Assist with managing customers relationship; Act as point of contact for day-to-day operational issues with customers (customer liaison - including tonnage invoicing data collection).
▪ Promote customer focus amongst staff.
▪ Manage customer reporting process (if applicable).
▪ Provide technical support to commercial account representatives.
▪ High School Degree
▪ College degree is preferred.
▪ Demonstrated track record in solid safety performance.
▪ Six Sigma Black Belt
▪ Minimum 3 Years supervisory experience
▪ Minimum 3 Years operations experience
▪ Math – basic algebra, fractions/percentages, unit conversion
▪ Personal computer proficiency (Internet, word processing, spreadsheets), and other software used by the company.
▪ Knowledge of Linde Management Processes.
▪ Strong organizational ability.
▪ Strong oral and written communication skills.
▪ Strong interpersonal abilities to support mentoring/coaching activities.
▪ Aptitude for Project management/Change management.
▪ Capacity for Crisis Management skills – damage control, tradeoffs, etc…
▪ Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
▪ Familiarity with relevant OSHA standards.
▪ Strong mechanical aptitude.
▪ Ability to interpret engineering and electrical drawings to include P&IDs and One Line Diagrams.
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!