Join Linde, the worlds leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gasrelated technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Distribution Supervisor to join the team in the Marlborough, Massachusetts area.
▪ Exercise visible leadership with respect to local implementation of global/national/regional safety programs and initiatives. Champion and manage the SHEQ Activity, i.e. Safety meetings, Safety Talks, IMSS/IMS, Site Quality Plan
▪ Ensure all Healthcare related activities, including medical gas distribution operations and medical equipment processes, comply with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and relevant accreditation standards as reflected in Linde procedures.
▪ Ensure delivery driver compliance with relevant home delivery processes.
▪ Maintain relevant personnel files and medical surveillance activities for personnel involved with home medical equipment activities.
▪ Lead incident/injury investigations; seek out and address root cause of accidents, near misses, and potential incidents (good catches). Work closely with SHEQ.
▪ Recruit and select properly qualified drivers and oversee training to ensure resources are available to meet daily schedule requirements.
▪ Drive a continuous improvement focus in all aspects of the location management; process and people. Provide timely and pertinent feedback to Central / Regional teams to improve daily Transportation operations.
▪ Implement and support national transport process changes and initiatives.
▪ Manage and motivate excellent performance and organization of office staff and drivers to support business targets (bid management, vacation coverage, etc.)
▪ Counsel, coach and discipline employees as necessary regarding performance related issues. Address employee and labor relations issues in collaboration with management and HR.
▪ Manage the daily hours of service for drivers and ensure compliance with Linde and legal/regulatory requirements
▪ Develop and implement Productivity Improvement Projects to improve upon Key Productivity Indicators; model High Performance Organization principles
▪ Manage maintenance programs for vehicles, equipment and customer stations (planning, inventory management)
▪ Monitor and manage costs at a local level to maintain a cost effective Transportation operation.
▪ Lead Location Administration - purchase cards, customer billing, driver payroll, on board recording systems
▪ Manage Transportation related SAP processes
▪ Encourage and demonstrate cross-functional collaboration
▪ Lead process to ensure after hours coverage for the location to meet customer demands
▪ Assist in the coordination of response to support the demands of major plant and on-site locations during outages
▪ Lead project implementation initiatives for new technology including on site training and support
▪ Back up Drivers as needed
▪ High School Degree
▪ Bachelor's degree preferred
▪ Class A CDL or Class B with current HazMat endorsement
▪ Medical gases or equipment operations experience preferred
▪ Six Sigma Black Belt a plus
▪ Minimum 3 Years supervisor experience preferred
▪ Minimum 3 Years distribution experience
▪ Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and Hazmat regulations
▪ Familiar with CGMP regulations
▪ Knowledge of National Labor Relations Board regulations (preferred)
▪ Familiar with PM based maintenance programs
▪ Strong degree of computer literacy
▪ Familiarity with Linde Distribution systems a plus (Gold, XATA, NeXIS)
▪ Good communication skills - must be able to effectively communicate with office staff, drivers and senior management
▪ Must have strong coaching skills
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!