Join Linde, the world’s leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas–related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world – leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment – in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Medical Route Driver to join the team in the Ashland, Virginia area.
▪ Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid cylinders to deliver to customers on scheduled route. Customers may include patients homes, physicians, labs, vets, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
▪ Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers to comply with all regulatory requirements
▪ Load and unload cylinders on vehicle using hand truck or forklift and record cylinder type and quantity
▪ Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
▪ Establishes and maintains excellent customer service. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints/issues.
▪ Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order.
▪ Communicates with customers providing information on ordering and delivery times, and maintaining proper cylinder levels.
▪ Approximately 60% of this position is driving and 40% is in the warehouse
▪ Maintains load manifests, FDA lot numbers and all other vehicle documents. Ensures they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
▪ Follows all safety rules and reports any accidents or injuries promptly to management
▪ Safely operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
▪ Assists with inventory and general housekeeping
▪ Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, such as dents, cracks, and burns and moves cylinders to designated work area.
▪ Inspects valves for correct CGA connection and pressure relief device. Connects cylinders to manifold and opens valves to draw off residual gas and then evacuate cylinders.
▪ Inspects cylinder labels to assure they are correct for the service intended, legible and legal with current federal requirements replacing inappropriate labels detected.
▪ Fills cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines whether by pressure or weight, as appropriate. Weighs cylinders filled with liquid products on platform scale and records weight.
▪ Tests cylinders for leak by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve. Records all necessary documentation and sets a cylinder aside for settled pressure checks.
▪ Operates and safely maintains equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
▪ Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
▪ Ensures cylinders are adequately maintained – cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
▪ Regularly inspects and maintains pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
▪ Ensures cylinder-filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
▪ Perform mathematical calculations as necessary.
▪ High School Diploma or GED
▪ 3 years driving experience - Class A CDL or Class B with current HazMat endorsement
▪ 3 years clean driving record
▪ Clear understanding of map reading skills
▪ Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
▪ Push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to 100 pounds.
▪ Home care/health care background is a plus
▪ Minimum 1 year experience in a warehouse or factory setting
▪ Forklift Training/Experience preferred
▪ Ability to move liquid containers weighing up to 1300 lbs with proper material handling equipment
▪ Must place safety before all things
▪ Must have the ability to perform basic math functions
▪ Ability to read and comprehend MSDS, FDA, DOT, OHSA and other company documents
▪ Must possess excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills, and computer knowledge
▪ Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, energetic, and enjoy working as part of a team.
We are a safety focused organization believing in company paid training, excellent salary and bonus pay opportunities, world-class benefits, and job security. This position also includes local delivery routes and a regular Monday - Friday daytime work schedule.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!