Join Linde, the world’s leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas–related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde has evolved into a truly global company, offering its employees a culturally diverse, challenging and stimulating work environment along with international travel opportunities and robust training and development programs. Today, Linde is a $17 billion multinational company with about 52,000 employees in around 100 countries -- and a number one or two leadership position in 55 of those countries. Linde’s North America region is comprised of the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean with an employee population of approximately 5,000 people.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a HR Business Manager to join the team in the Stewartsville, New Jersey area.
• Partner with business function head on HR strategy to ensure client group’s human resources to maximize employee engagement and inclusion, and ultimately business performance that results in HPO
• Lead and implement succession and capability reviews and translate HR strategy and action planning into HR service delivery levels for incorporation and/or prioritization across HR services, seek approval for custom solutions
• Identify and articulate return on investment for new HR solutions as needed
• Provide HR project and change management for organization realignments, acquisition, and/or divestitures, including due diligence and integration and for key human resources and business HPO projects
• Partner with line management on sourcing strategy, monitor recruiting activity to ensure needs are met; conduct workforce planning as needed to ensure pipeline approach is adopted for recurring, key vacancies
• Participate in functional head’s leadership team and Area Business team meetings to critically think through business challenges and opportunities in connection with function’s human resource capability and preparedness; develop solutions and lead the implementation.
• Implement within assigned client groups the policies, programs, and procedures from centers of excellence for consistency and standardization.
• Provide day to day employee relations support
• Handle special projects within client group or as assigned to other business or HR areas
• Partner with all HR functions, including recruiting, compensation, benefits, learning and development, employee services, employment/labor counsel to provide efficient, value-added, and human resources solutions in alignment with the HR North America HR strategy:
► Team with employee services to sustain employee and manager self service as well as maximize Employee Services as first point of contact for all standard HR inquiries or issues including prompt and effective resolution and closure of escalated HR issues and responsiveness to line manager requests either by phone or email
► In conjunction with Compensation and line management, ensure robust job descriptions are evaluated properly in accordance with Linde standards and consult with compensation proactively on new roles and/or restructures
► Partner with staffing to ensure assigned recruiters are knowledgeable about business area and have forged relationships with key hiring managers to facilitate efficient selection process that meets client needs; Participate in selection for key vacancies
► Partner with learning and development for identification and prioritization of core training needs within client function
• Provide day to day employee relations and Consistent Consequence Management (CCM) within client group and analyze root causes to most effectively implement corrective actions and solutions to avoid similar re-occurrence
• Work with other HR business managers to provide back up HR support in another client group(s) within local geography when needed to maximize support to the business.
• Share and exchange information across generalist team to leverage HR solutions, programs, and consistent HR practices and procedures
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and company policies and strategies including code of ethics.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Graduate degree or MBA a plus
• Minimum of 10 years HR management experience, preferably in a manufacturing/chemical industry/oil & gas/energy environment, delivering and implementing HR programs and solutions
• A minimum of 10 years labor strategy and relations required where client group has transportation/production facilities, including solid contract negotiations experience as well as emphasis in proactive, preventative labor approaches
• Demonstrated experience providing HR leadership of restructuring, project and change management efforts
• A demonstrated ability to partner effectively with business groups
• Strong facilitation, consultative, and problem solving skills required
• Strong knowledge and application of employment laws
• A demonstrated ability to effectively work at all levels collaboratively and both tactically and strategically is required.
• Strong MS office computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
• Experience working across US and Canada a plus
• Green belt certification a plus
• Regular domestic travel required
• Heavy manufacturing, including transportation experience
• Deep labor/labor prevention experience
• Strong strategic, tactical, and project/change management experience
• Strong critical thinking
• Interpersonal skills:
► Possesses strong communications skills at all levels
► Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment and within a matrix organization
► Possesses the ability to think strategically, and work tactically to implement strategy
► Demonstrated ability for innovative solutions to improve existing processes/programs
• Managerial skills:
► Change management and facilitations skills required including communication and training planning as well as restructure and/or re-engineering experience required
► Project management – experience leading and implementing multiple projects and experience managing process improvement programs essential.
► Experience with dealing with all levels of the organization including business leaders, management and line employees
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills
• Excellent collaborative skills
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!