Linde Canada is the premier supplier of gases, welding equipment and safety products with 69 stores, a fleet of trucks and drivers, and dedicated customer service and sales teams. Our 1,000+ expertly trained and dedicated employees are committed to safely supplying a full range of liquid and compressed industrial and specialty gases, welding, cutting and scientific equipment, and safety products and accessories.
For further information, go to lindecanada.com.
Linde Canada is currently seeking a Logistics Planner to join the team in the Mississauga, Ontario office.
▪ The co-ordination of all deliveries to end users on a daily basis using a computerized scheduling software system.
▪ Liaising closely with Distribution and Customer Service on a regular basis to resolve any issues in order to ensure efficient asset utilization, schedule quality and customer service.
▪ Scheduling all deliveries to our customers throughout various areas in North America while ensuring vehicle utilization is maximized and our costs to deliver are minimized.
▪ Suggesting best practices for utilizing resources within a certain location and advising of best scheduling methods under certain circumstances.
▪ Using strong analytical skills to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce operational costs within the supply chain.
▪ Strategic Modelling and Analysis of different distribution scenarios and providing recommendations for best practice
▪ Monthly reporting of distribution performance at each retail location and regionally
▪ To be able to schedule with strategies & manually in an efficient manner and be able to meet all scheduling deadlines on a daily basis. Working with Distribution/CSC to resolve any scheduling issues and communicating with them on a regular basis to ensure schedule quality.
▪ Review feedback from previous days driver schedules and working to resolve scheduling feedback issues and improve schedule quality and KPIs.
▪ Basic trouble shooting with Paragon and the SAP interface.
▪ To maintain and alter the Paragon database based on resource availability and to have knowledge of the Paragon Data base (depots/shifts/vehicles/drivers). Update customer information with current updated geo locations (latitude & longitude) to ensure schedule integrity.
▪ A university degree or college diploma specializing in Operations or Supply Chain/Logistics Management or equivalent experience.
▪ Prior experience in the compressed gas industry or knowledge in distribution, logistics or supply planning would be an asset.
▪ Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) required
▪ Ability to be flexible with Shift Hours (Afternoons/Days)
▪ Solid Computer literacy in all Microsoft applications
▪ Ability to work independently without direct supervision
▪ Ability to demonstrate good problem solving and analytical skills
▪ Must be able to communicate and work well with others in a team environment
▪ Adapts to changes well and is a quick learner
▪ Strong interpersonal and cooperative skills
▪ Strong problem solving and analytical skills
▪ Ability to work independently (without direct supervision), as well as cooperate with others to ensure all deadlines are met.
▪ Working knowledge of planning/scheduling tools and asset
▪ Outstanding communication skills, ability to use solid judgment and make educated and calculated decisions in an always changing and fast paced environment.
Linde is committed to diversity in the workplace and the principles of Employment Equity; we therefore encourage applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with a disability.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!